Eid ul Adha or Bakra Eid in Kashmir starts with meat and ends with MEAT. You know this Eid is near when you hear things like “Kath chi har jayi, kathaw kor traffic jam” etc.
1. Eid starts with the “price of the sheep“. Everyone is discussing the price “az chu dayan hatan killo kath, doh koth doh chu badaan ath. ( Sheep is for 250per kg and prices are increasing day by day)”
2. When you go to buy the sheep, everybody want the best one. It’s like a competition.
Even sheep is like..
Wah bhai wah!!
- 12 Things That Happen on Eid in Kashmir
- Check Our Mouth Watering Guide To Wazwaan
- 5 Places To Get A Pizza In Kashmir
3. And everybody is like “wich koota asal kath anum” They think they have bought the best among the lot but LOL
4. Everybody loves playing with the sheep.
5. But, unfortunately, there are some people who forget that you have to treat animals nicely. (Please don’t be among them.)
- 7 Amazing Cafes You Must Visit In Kashmir
- 9 Kinds Of Bread You Have To Try In Kashmir
- Home Bakers In Kashmir You Got To Give A Try For Personalized Designer Cakes
6. What is Eid without Eid selfie?? Selfie not with humans but with sheep. Even sheep is like “Rehne de na, kal hi kurbaan hone wala hoon.”
STOPPPP!! You guys!
9. When you are about to do the qurbani, those last moments with the sheep are very emotional.
10. When the butcher asks for formality “kith piece chi karin?”. The actual response should be “Barabar” But even the butcher knows the real qurbani is done as below 😛
12. Eid Al Adha is incomplete without barbeque and tikkis.
13. After qurbani, your whole house smells likes a slaughter house. People keep meat in fridge for months and are always like “Fridgas cha na jayi hi”
Eid ul Adha in one picture
Also Read: 12 Things That Happen on Eid in Kashmir
Did you like this article? Give us some Eidi here.
Comics Source: Shahzaib Hussain