Located on the banks of river Jhelum, Srinagar is a beautiful city. It is the summer capital and the largest city of Jammu and Kashmir. The locals here have a distinct culture, and it reflects on their choice of food. However, the Mughal influence on the Kashmiri cuisine has made it more meat-oriented. So, if you are a non-vegetarian, the eateries in Srinagar will satisfy you to the core.
Srinagar has many restaurants that serve delicious food. They offer everything from local, national and global cuisines. To make your job easy, we have compiled our top five food joints in Srinagar.
Note: The restaurants listed here aren’t in any particular order.
This local restaurant is popular among families for serving authentic Kashmiri dishes. It is known for its quality and prompt service. Their menu focuses on non-vegetarian dishes, but they do have a variety of vegetarian dishes as well.
- Address: Ghat 2, Boulevard, Opposite Dal Lake, Dal Gate, Srinagar.
- Timings: 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Cuisine: Kashmiri
- Contact: 0194-2501629
2. Amigos Food
Amigos was the first food joint to serve the best pizza in Kashmir. The service of the restaurant is prompt, and their pizzas are the best in Srinagar. They also serve Continental, Lebanese and Chinese food.
- Address: Gogji Bagh, Opp. Amar Singh College Main Gate, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190008
- They have a branch at Hazratbal, Opp Sir Syed Gate KU and K.P Road Anatnag, Near Women’s College.
- Timings: 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Contact: 9797798505, 9906667444 (Gogji Bagh)
- 9070484848, 9070494949 (Darga Hazratbal)
- 9796061111, 9796262222 (K.P Road Anantnag
3. Ahdoos Restaurant
Ahdoos first came into existence as a bakery in 1918. It became a restaurant and a hotel much later. If you are looking to have authentic Kashmiri food, look no further. Ahdoos is the most popular restaurant in Kashmir, and the locals swear by it. You will also get the traditional Wazwan (a multi-course Kashmiri meal) here. Do not forget to try out their haak saag and mirchi korma.
- Address: Ahdoo’s Hotel, Residency Road, Ahdoos Hotel, Srinagar 190001
- Timings: 9:00 AM – 11:00 PM
- Cuisine: Indian, Kashmiri
- Contact: 9070889900
4. Alka Salka
In Srinagar, Alka Salka is one of the few restaurants that serve authentic Chinese food. It is a multi-cuisine family restaurant that caters to the tastebuds of everyone. Their bestsellers are mutton keema and rogan josh.
- Address: The Bund Road, Munshi Bagh, Srinagar
- Timings: 9:30 AM – 10:30 PM
- Cuisine: Chinese, Indian, Asian
- Contact: 99066 89955
5. Mughal Darbar
This restaurant is famous in Srinagar for its bakery items. But their menu consists of all the best dishes from North Indian, Mughlai and Kashmiri cuisine. If you visit this place, you cannot miss out on their butter chicken and mutton dishes. They also serve wazwan here.
- Address: Main Residency Road, Ground Floor, Srinagar, Lal Chowk
- Timings: 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Cuisine: North Indian, Mughlai, Kashmiri.
- Cost for Two: INR 400-500
- Contact: +91 – 9797217219
View Mughal Darbar on Facebook
View Mughal Darbar on Instagram
If you happen to find yourself in Srinagar, don’t forget to visit these restaurants. You will love the food and remember it for a long time.
Author: Meenakshi Majumder.