Be it Republic day or Independence day of India, it’s special to Kashmiris in only one way – It’s a holiday.
1. It all starts with HIGH ALERT in Kashmir. EVERY YEAR!!! Five to Six days before Republic day or Independence day Kashmir is on High Alert.
2. That’s how the security check phase begins.
3. The nightmare of unnecessary frisking starts weeks before the celebrated days.
4. This is how we feel after checking 🙁
5. And God forbid, if you forget your identity card and police stop you for frisking then Allah hi hafiz ha..
6. In short, aes che yewaan dagne till the D-Day celebration ends.
8. This is how we feel.
9. Because every year mobile networks are blocked on 26 Jan and 15 August.
10. Our D-Day morning time pass.
11. And, if you decide to go out …
12. Happy RIPublic Day (:
P.S Lately, experts say that this is the reason for the delay in Chillai Kalaan 😛
Image Credits Mir Suhail.